Updated 22nd May 2018
RainbowBiz CIC runs with a team of valued and essential volunteers across all of its projects and events. In order for us to run these projects and events it is necessary that we have access to your personal data. RainbowBiz CIC will be the data controller for the personal information it receives.
RainbowBiz CIC will use this data to carry out its public task in the administering and monitoring of its funds.
What will RainbowBiz CIC use your information for?
RainbowBiz CIC will use your data for administration, planning and event development as well as monitoring statistics to aid marketing. Any statistics published by RainbowBiz CIC are anonymised, meaning that individual traders cannot be identified.
Your rights and choices
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to:
- access the personal data the RainbowBiz CIC holds on you
- require RainbowBiz CIC to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation (in some circumstances)
- restrict processing (in some circumstances)
- have your data erased (in certain circumstances)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) who is the independent regulator for data protection
How long will RainbowBiz CIC keep your information?
Data will be retained for a 2 year period to allow RainbowBiz CIC to contact you regarding future events and opportunities to work with our social enterprise. It will also enable us to use your data to inform marketing methods and produce anonymised statistics to highlight our community engagement.
For further information about the information which RainbowBiz CIC holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please see contact details below:
Data Protection Officer, RainbowBiz CIC, 33 Chester Road West, Queensferry, Flintshire, CH5 1SA
To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, please see details below:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
029 2067 8400 (Wales helpline) or 0303 123 1113 (UK helpline)
Notifications of changes
If we are going to use your data in a different way from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified. All of RainbowBiz’s processing will be in compliance with the extant data protection legislation.
What personal information about you is collected and used by RainbowBiz CIC?
Some of the data collected by RainbowBiz CIC will be personal data and/or special category data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation which includes:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- National Insurance Number
- Date of birth
- National identity
Additionally there is data about you which is defined as special category data. Providing this data is
optional and will include;
- Disability type
- Health condition
How will your data by used by RainbowBiz CIC?
- For administration purposes, to ensure the data we collect about you is stored correctly, securely and to a high standard of quality
- To help make decisions on current and future projects and events
- To help RainbowBiz CIC allocate and monitor funding and revenue
- To give auditors the information they need to do their job
- To help monitor equality and diversity across the volunteer groups
- In analysis and research, where we will sort through the data to identify patterns and similarities. This will allow RainbowBiz CIC to make future improvements to training and accessibility across all projects and events
- To produce anonymous official statistics
Who does RainbowBiz CIC share your data with?
Currently RainbowBiz CIC shares your data with Board Members and our official Accountant.
Data Sharing Agreements
RainbowBiz CIC will have a formal data sharing agreement in place whenever we share your data with a third party. Part of the agreement means the third party will have to sign a confidentiality agreement in relation to your data to show that they operate satisfactory information security procedures and that destroy their copies of your data when it’s no longer needed. They can only use your data for the reason they sign up to and nothing else. All copies of data transfers are logged and recorded.
Security Arrangements for your data held by RainbowBiz CIC
The data RainbowBiz CIC collects about you will be stored in an access controlled secure database which is regularly tested for safety and integrity. The equality impact of this policy has been considered and RainbowBiz believes that it complies with its commitment to equality as stated in its Equality and Diversity Policy.