About RainbowBiz CIC – A Social Enterprise in Flintshire
RainbowBiz CIC are a social enterprise based in Flintshire, North Wales. Our main purpose is to promote equality and diversity and we do this by:
enabling our volunteers to develop skills | celebrating difference | empowering our volunteers | engaging with the local community
We achieve this by running many community based projects including:
- Digging Deeside, a weekly community gardening project, which offers basic gardening skills but more importantly a safe place to meet like-minded people.
- Arty Folk and Friendship Group, a weekly open group who meet at the RainbowBiz Hippy Shop to utilise the fully equipped craft room with a cuppa and always a friendly welcome.
- RainbowBiz Hippy Shop, is our trading arm which sells ethnic clothing and fair trade goods from a retail outlet in Mold. These premises also offer meeting and treatment rooms, where many groups and sessions take place all year round.
Listen to what some of our volunteers have to say: Click here to watch our volunteers talk about equality and diversity to ITV Wales News.
RainbowBiz are looking for volunteers and individuals in our community with a variety of skills to remain a sustainable team of like minded people who want to share ideas, run various projects, and fundraise to benefit the local community. Please get in touch with us if you would like to get involved in any of our work.
Our Aims are to encourage community cohesion in Flintshire and other areas and a safe, inclusive environment in which people respect and celebrate difference, collaborate to empower and encourage open communication.
- To provide community development opportunities for marginalised groups, social media support, management, promotion and co-ordination of events, website management and such other projects and services as the Directors may from time to time agree are for the benefit of the community.
- To facilitate, enable and empower individuals, organisations and communities with basic skills, and with particular reference to protected characteristic groups.
- To encourage community cohesion in Flintshire and other areas by raising awareness of community issues, supporting those marginalised in the community by encouraging positive representation, fostering a sense of community pride and collaborative working.
- To advocate the benefits of music and the arts in the diverse Flintshire community and in other areas by inspiring creativity and empowering emerging talent. To promote music and the arts as an effective way to break down barriers and encourage participation.