About RainbowBiz Limited – A Social Enterprise in Flintshire
RainbowBiz Limited are a social enterprise based in Flintshire, North Wales. Our main purpose is to promote equality and diversity and we do this by:
- enabling our volunteers to develop skills
- celebrating difference
- empowering our volunteers
- engaging with the local community
We achieve this by running many community based projects including:
- Digging Deeside, a weekly community gardening project, which offers basic gardening skills but more importantly a safe place to meet like-minded people.
- Flintshire Flicks, a community cinema offering affordable cinema experience in communities, together with involving our volunteers in their communties.
- MBS Fairs, a monthly gathering of various alternative therapies, treatments and readers, run by a team of volunteers.
- RainbowBiz Hippy Shop, a mobile ethnic clothing and fair trade goods stall, which trades around the country at various events.
- Diversity Festival, an annual celebration of equality and diversity, run by a wider team of volunteers.
Listen to what some of our volunteers have to say: Click here to watch our volunteers talk about equality and diversity to ITV Wales News.
RainbowBiz are looking for volunteers and individuals in our community with a variety of skills to remain a sustainable team of like minded people who want to share ideas, run various projects, and fundraise to benefit the local community. Please get in touch with us if you would like to get involved in any of our work.
National Diversity Awards
All our volunteers were overwhelmed to be shortlisted from over 20,000 nominations for the Community Organisation Award – Multi Strand for their work and promotion of equality and diversity within Flintshire. Thanks to the support from Communities First, 10 volunteers were able to attend the prestigious awards ceremony that took place in Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral.
Sarah Way, Director of RainbowBiz said “We are absolutely thrilled to have received National recognition for the hard work we do, without the support of our volunteers supporting all our projects we couldn’t do what we do!”
RainbowBiz were absolutely delighted to be presented with the Employer Volunteering Award at the “Heart of the Community” Community Volunteering Awards ceremony in 2016. This award was presented by Flintshire County Council’s Housing Services, Flintshire Local Voluntary Council, Wrexham & Flintshire OWL and Communities First. This award was in celebration of the fantastic work RainbowBiz volunteers have carried out in this first year of incorporation. It showcased the many projects that RainbowBiz has facilitated and the positive impact these have had on many communities.
Our Aims are to encourage community cohesion in Flintshire and other areas and a safe, inclusive environment in which people respect and celebrate difference, collaborate to empower and encourage open communication.
- To provide community development opportunities for marginalised groups, social media support, management, promotion and co-ordination of events, website management and such other projects and services as the Directors may from time to time agree are for the benefit of the community.
- To facilitate, enable and empower individuals, organisations and communities with basic skills, and with particular reference to protected characteristic groups.
- To encourage community cohesion in Flintshire and other areas by raising awareness of community issues, supporting those marginalised in the community by encouraging positive representation, fostering a sense of community pride and collaborative working.
- To advocate the benefits of music and the arts in the diverse Flintshire community and in other areas by inspiring creativity and empowering emerging talent. To promote music and the arts as an effective way to break down barriers and encourage participation.