About RainbowBiz Limited – A Social Enterprise in Flintshire
RainbowBiz Limited are a social enterprise based in Flintshire, North Wales. Set up by Directors Sue Oliver and Sarah Way and registered in January 2015. We are a not for profit organisation, and inclusive of our whole community, this means that anything we make goes back into keeping our projects running.
We run a number of projects which we encourage volunteers to join:
- The North East Wales Diversity Festival will be held in Deeside on Saturday 30 April 2016. Please check the website for regular updates.
- Flintshire Flicks is a community cinema running regular screenings in and around Flintshire. Find out what is coming next on our fabulous website here.
- Digging Deeside is a garden/social meet up every Wednesday 10am until 12noon in Connah’s Quay Community Allotment which is located just behind the job centre.
RainbowBiz are looking for volunteers and individuals in our community with a variety of skills to remain a sustainable team of like minded people who want to share ideas, run various projects, and fundraise to benefit the local community. Please get in touch with us if you would like to get involved in any of our work.
RainbowBiz were absolutely delighted to be presented with the Employer Volunteering Award at the “Heart of the Community” Community Volunteering Awards ceremony in 2016. This award was presented by Flintshire County Council’s Housing Services, Flintshire Local Voluntary Council, Wrexham & Flintshire OWL and Communities First. This award was in celebration of the fantastic work RainbowBiz volunteers have carried out in this first year of incorporation. It showcased the many projects that RainbowBiz has facilitated and the positive impact these have had on many communities.
Our Aims are to encourage community cohesion in Flintshire and other areas and a safe, inclusive environment in which people respect and celebrate difference, collaborate to empower and encourage open communication.
- To provide community development opportunities for marginalised groups, social media support, management, promotion and co-ordination of events, website management and such other projects and services as the Directors may from time to time agree are for the benefit of the community.
- To facilitate, enable and empower individuals, organisations and communities with basic skills, and with particular reference to protected characteristic groups.
- To encourage community cohesion in Flintshire and other areas by raising awareness of community issues, supporting those marginalised in the community by encouraging positive representation, fostering a sense of community pride and collaborative working.
- To advocate the benefits of music and the arts in the diverse Flintshire community and in other areas by inspiring creativity and empowering emerging talent. To promote music and the arts as an effective way to break down barriers and encourage participation.